Sunday, October 24, 2010

Concealer wars - L'Oreal Vs. Revlon

So has everyone seen the embarrassing photo of Uma Thurman on the internet? She has blotches of face powder on her nose and cheeks. Or the close up of Kim Kardashian with pound cake  face from a layer of orange tinged foundation? Yeecch! Whatever happened to real skin?
In the age of advanced dermatology, coating your face with foundation is good only for actors, newscasters and the members of Cirque Du Soleil. Everybody else - proceed with caution.
Before I get started with the reviews - I want to let everyone know that I have cystic acne, so I use Rx skin medications. I only use concealer when I have breakouts or redness - and I never, ever, ever use foundation.
  • Revlon's Age Defying concealer is another anti-aging product being promoted by the freakishly young looking supermodel Elle McPherson. This light concealer spreads easily but provides very little correction to the skin. I'm extremely pale and even the lightest shade was too dark, and has that unattractive orange tinge. Unfortunately with the mid level cosmetic companies, foundation shades are usually too generic. Thumbs down for this product.
  • L'Oreal's Visible Lift concealer describes itself as "line-minimizing" and "tone enhancing", which means a whole lot of nothing when it comes to spot treating blemishes and under eye circles. This product is, however, very good. More blue in the base pigment gives it less of an orange tinge, and it has some heaviness to it- I let it cook for a while on my skin and it set very well. Visible Lift also has SPF20, although we are all wearing sunglasses in the sun, right? Good stuff for the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

High Heels and Sparkles - Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column